My Heart Belongs to 5 Boys…

CIMG2046c

LOVE these little expressions…

CIMG2045c

Sweet faces that belong to 5 sweet boys.  So many men in my life…

Quick Story from My Day:

I took one little man named Henry on a date with me tonight to the library and the grocery store.  I cherish the one on one time. It was Henry’s first time to the library and he was fascinated with the copy machine. Truly fascinated!  And when Henry is fascinated with something he stands frozen, expressionless, and takes it all in with silent enjoyment. Later on, after it’s completely over, he responds with a thrilled "Wow!" or "Whoa!".  The guy copying his textbook had never felt so compelling.  Even the librarian took notice of Henry in pure wonderment.  I thought about responding with a "We don’t get out much", but I refrained.  I was busy watching the world through a little boy’s crystal blue eyes.

28 Responses to “My Heart Belongs to 5 Boys…”

1. Andrea
    November 13, 2008 at 2:13 am #

I don’t think I’ve ever commented, but those pictures are priceless. I can’t unfortunately tell which boy is which, but I love the expression of the little guy sitting on Brad’s right, with his huge, excited grin.

You guys have four very precious boys.

And not to mention four very cute boys! I just loved the story of Henry. Too cute.

-Andrea (delurking =])

2. Nanny Debbie
    November 13, 2008 at 2:45 am #

That i so cute, what a wonderful age they are at now, I just love it, they are taking everything in and learning so much. What a blessing to have 4 !!!!

3. Gayle
    November 13, 2008 at 4:33 am #

What a blessed life. Love the smiles.

4. rebecca
    November 13, 2008 at 6:51 am #

What adorable pictures! How blessed you are!

5. Suzanne
    November 13, 2008 at 8:28 am #

awww….LOVE those expressions. what a sweet sweet moment captured in time by the innocence of a precious child. the 5 boys are LUCKY to have YOU! 😉 love you

6. Quad Squad!
    November 13, 2008 at 8:29 am #

What a sweet story! Isn’t it wonderful when you you get a rare chance to spend time with just one child! So special! And great pictures!

7. jenn
    November 13, 2008 at 9:04 am #

love the pics of your 5 boys….so sweet! and isnt it fun to slow down and watch the world through a childs eyes. they are so innocent and you can just see their minds working, trying to figure things out!

8. Lindsay
    November 13, 2008 at 9:28 am #

Such sweet photos! I love watching the world through crystal blue eyes as well 🙂

9. Terri
    November 13, 2008 at 10:11 am #

I always love the one on one times that we get!

November 13, 2008 at 11:48 am #

How sweet Henry was amazed with the copy machine!! Thats awesome he was taking it all in!! Your boys are bound to be geniuses!!! 🙂 -Sioby :)ps. was it him too that was playing with the lap top? Maybe that was another quad 🙂 how smart though!!

11. DJones
    November 13, 2008 at 11:56 am #

so sweet! -pictures and story

12. The Gerwer Babies
    November 13, 2008 at 12:03 pm #

How wonderful for Henry. And how cool for you as mom to watch those wheels turning. Dont you love that!
    Must be hard to be surrounded by such handsome men 😉

November 13, 2008 at 1:08 pm #

Wow I forget how lucky I am to spend the day with office machines! I better slow down and treasure the moments!! Henry would love to spend the day with me! Lots of great stuff here. Hugs to all, handsome men and sweet mama.
    TW

14. Andria
    November 13, 2008 at 1:46 pm #

Simply sweet!

15. Kate
    November 13, 2008 at 2:20 pm #

Those pictures are priceless!

16. Jen Wilson
    November 13, 2008 at 2:54 pm #

Your blog always leaves me with warm fuzzies at how much you two love your boys. It’s truly a blessing to read about and see pictures of.

17. Sarah
    November 13, 2008 at 4:51 pm #

I love this age when the world is so new to them….and you do have some sweet little boys there!

18. Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows
    November 13, 2008 at 8:58 pm #

Jen,

I also love 5 boys…and possibly the 6th on the way, lol!!

I am a firm believer in ‘Tuesday’s Child’…I try to spend some alone time with each one of my now 5 children, 6th on the way, once a week. They each have a day that is designated for them and we have a ‘date’. It could be out for ice cream or just snuggled in bed reading a book with the door closed for privacy. I haven’t kept up with it as much lately due to the nausea in my 1st trimester, but when I do, all I get are rewards from our time together.

God bless you,
    Veronica in CA

November 13, 2008 at 9:37 pm #

Awesome photos and capture, Jen! I can just picture Henry too…gosh, your post is just a reminder of something that is CONSTANTLY on my mind lately…how precious every moment is and how I don’t want to miss a thing!

20. Moni Graf
    November 14, 2008 at 2:50 am #

And what a handsome, charming, loveable, squeezeable bunch of 5 they are!

Love ya!
    Moni

November 14, 2008 at 6:08 am #

Jen, they are soo cute!! I love all of their expressions.. and cute smiles 🙂

Hope you are having a good week 🙂

Kathleen Larson
    kathleenlarson81@yahoo.com

22. Emily
    November 14, 2008 at 7:41 am #

I love that you caught each of their unique expressions.
    The story with Henry just makes me smile. I can totally see him doing that. I need some of that wonder and awe in my own life…

I’m in the nursery this Sunday and looking forward to seeing 4 boys then! 🙂

Prayers are with you all today as well!

23. Goerlich Quadruplets
    November 14, 2008 at 8:51 pm #

Beautiful photos of all your mens. I love it! And seriously, what a fun date idea! Missing you, sweet Jen the Hen! Lots of love, Mari

24. Following HIM
    November 14, 2008 at 11:25 pm #

Glad Henry had some mommy time! As for the picture, love it!!! You have FIVE AMAZING GUYS!!!
    ~Elyse~

25. Mom Taxi Julie
    November 15, 2008 at 4:08 pm #

So so cute! Daddy is going to need a bigger chair!

26. Drea
    November 15, 2008 at 9:27 pm #

i think its special 2 have one on one time.. so im glad u get that. I even w/ just 2 boys enjoy 1 on 1 time… it is almost like they can express to me things better alone.. than together.. its weird but u see a different side of the child when they are separated from their siblings.. its special 🙂
    but at the same time i love them together 😀 most times!

November 15, 2008 at 10:27 pm #

Hi Jen-
    Kiddos=adorable!! Just read through your WHOLe blog again.. cause I love it so much! Are you and the “quad-sistas” doing a trip again soon??

28. debi9kids
    November 16, 2008 at 10:48 pm #

That is the sweetest story about Henry and I understand it completely. Even though all of my kids aren’t the same age, I do try so hard to make individual time for all nine of them and cherish every second.

Those pictures are just beautiful!