Quad Dad = Computer Repairman

Who knew that having quadruplets could sharpen your resume experience?  I’ll let Brad explain the story behind this picture moment…..(Take a close look.)

DSC_0008

There are so many joys and challenging moments when it comes to being a dad of quadruplets.  So many situations come up that I would have never expected as a daddy.  Recently, thanks to my little buddy Brooks, one such moment presented itself.

DSC_0006

"Daddy, did you know these keys come right off when you rip your fingers across them?

Pretty awesome!"

Jen was fixing dinner and had asked me to keep an eye on the boys while she did so.  I was pretty proud of myself, I had managed to get 3/4 of them interested in one of our favorite books, Inside Freight Train by Donald Crews.   Brooks was playing by himself on the other side of the room and all was going well.  Suddenly, Jen asks, "Where’s Brooks?" In about 2 minutes, Brooks had slipped from the room without detection, climbed onto the chair, then up onto the table, placed his knees firmly on top of the laptop, and proceeded to rip a dozen keys or so from their sockets.  I’m proud to say that I’m now fully capable of replacing an entire keyboard of a laptop.

Although Brooks endured some much deserved discipline for his actions, we couldn’t resist laughing to ourselves a bit.  This the beginning of many destroyed items, I am sure.

Brad
Quad Dad, Computer Repairman

29 Responses to “Quad Dad = Computer Repairman”

1. Gail
    October 13, 2008 at 3:58 pm #

You know, I’m sure it wasn’t at the time, but it is pretty funny actually. Maybe Brooks will be a “computer repairman” himself when he grows up. *wink*

I have a brother that took apart my grandfather’s fan when he was 4 years old. Put it back together too (sans a few parts), and it worked better than it ever had. It’s not his “day job”, but that boy can still repair ANYthing. So you just never know.

*hugs* to you guys and to little Brooks.

2. Megryansmom
    October 13, 2008 at 5:11 pm #

Ah yes whenever a child is “too quiet” it’s time to investigate

3. Following HIM
    October 13, 2008 at 5:34 pm #

I can not believe sweet Brooks did that!!! Being sneaky and quiet while getting into trouble-oh boy!!! Glad Brad can act as Mr. Fix it!!!
    ~Elyse~

4. Emily
    October 13, 2008 at 5:45 pm #

i’ve been waiting for these pictures as i’d heard about the destruction of the keyboard… he really did have fun 😉 ya know, i have an old laptop just sitting in my room… perhaps i should bring it over next time to entertain the boys 😉

5. Suzanne
    October 13, 2008 at 7:17 pm #

OH. MY. GOSH. i think my heart just stopped….

6. Andria
    October 13, 2008 at 7:26 pm #

Wow Brad! You’re the man! Now, Jenn, she’s got eyes like a fly! Dinner time is the hardest for us too. Asking Dad to watch the kids while dinner is being made is a “no-win” in our house all the time. I’m glad you were able to find and replace all of the buttons for the keyboard. That is certainly one for the books, Brooks! LOL.

7. Suzy
    October 13, 2008 at 7:47 pm #

Oh man, I can’t wait to show this to Ted. (As if he isn’t already terrified enough, ha!)

8. Kate
    October 13, 2008 at 7:56 pm #

OH.MY.GOODNESS.
    This one gave me a GOOD, LONG laugh!!

9. Gayle
    October 13, 2008 at 8:23 pm #

For some reason when I see photos of the boys I am drawn to Brooks….makes sense now! I have my own little (and big) destructive boys. I’m not very girlie, but sometimes I just wish the boys would take a rest and sit and play dolls with the girls! Well, not really, but you know what I mean. The fun part? The older they get the more dangerous their destruction becomes…the boys love to scare me with their antics!

10. PletcherFamily
    October 13, 2008 at 8:30 pm #

Oh my goodness! This made me laugh outloud! I had to show it to my husband. Kudos to Brad for being able to put it back together! 🙂

Jennifer
    pletcher5journey.blogspot.com

11. becky
    October 13, 2008 at 8:36 pm #

oh yes…that has happened at our house many many times. i’m sure it’s not the last. but it taught me to close the computer room doors or to shut my computer!!

October 13, 2008 at 8:48 pm #

Oh boy! Glad it was fixable!! My two tried to color on the computer screen this weekend when – similar case – Daddy was in charge – haha! Did you know that a ball point pen does appear to be able to write on a monitor?? who knew??

October 13, 2008 at 9:14 pm #

Hey Brad and Jen,
    It was Uriah’s baby (baby lab that is) that decided to rack her puppy paws over Cassie’s boyfriend’s $3,600 COMPUTER… right after he asked our blessing and permission to propose to Cass. How could I say no.LOL He hasn’t asked yet but he’s waiting for just the right moment:) Love Leona

14. Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows
    October 13, 2008 at 10:30 pm #

HILARIOUS, BRAD!!!!

So sweet you could find the funny in this.

You go, Quad Dad!

Veronica in CA

15. Mom Taxi Julie
    October 13, 2008 at 10:44 pm #

OH my gosh! Bet you were freaking out for a few minutes before you got it fixed!!

16. Jessica
    October 14, 2008 at 7:25 am #

OMG…BRAD! LOL. I’m glad you could fix it.

17. Jenn Brothers-Haler
    October 14, 2008 at 8:13 am #

I think he was just trying to blog. 😉

18. Stephanie
    October 14, 2008 at 9:40 am #

Glad you were able to fix it Super Dad!! That could have been bad!
    Wow…I’m not sure what I would have done but laughed too!!

19. Anji
    October 14, 2008 at 11:06 am #

That photo is too spooky! I have the same laptop and my son who is only slightly older than Brooks also destroyed my keyboard – although he did it when he was about 6 mths old – he sat and picked at the CTL key until it came off – and then he continued to do so until it broke completely – and pulled off half the other keys which went back on! thankfully the laptop was new and Dell sent a replacement keyboard – although that has never gotten fitted – so if you ever need some replacement keys give me a shout and I will send them 🙂 as I really should get the new keyboard fitted!!

20. Shelly
    October 14, 2008 at 2:11 pm #

Holy cow! I’m laughing…
    Sound just like Ava; sneaky but oh-so-cute!
    Good for you, dad!

21. PletcherFamily
    October 14, 2008 at 9:05 pm #

I tagged you!
    Check out my blog

Take care,
    Jennifer

22. Melissa Dovel
    October 15, 2008 at 8:48 am #

Jen,

How funny and I am with you on tearing things apart mine is 2 and shes going nut-so (yeah, its a word in my dictonary). Anyway I wanted to stop by to invite all the folks that I read there blogs to come check out mine. I am doing a study called the Love Dare. Your marriage does not have to be in trouble to do this study. It just causes you to dig deeper into loving your spouse even more and realizing how important it is to daily walk in it. I hope you will come by at least to check it out and of course anyone is welcome!

Blessings
    Melissa
    The Dovel House

23. Dallas
    October 15, 2008 at 3:04 pm #

Oh my goodness! Glad to know that a laptop genius lives in the house with Houdini. Always a plus!

Also, which website did you go to get your watermark for your photos?

24. debi9kids
    October 16, 2008 at 12:17 am #

OMGosh! So funny this is what you posted as I just this morning had both of my kiddies rip my keyboard apart! Not kidding! I was changing their sheets on their cribs and as quick as that, they destroyed my laptop. UGH!

25. susan
    October 16, 2008 at 3:12 am #

all I can say is Legend!! but I’m not sure if I mean you or your son….I would have just about had a fit if I had come across that sort of mess….

well done for getting it all back together

Susan :):)

26. Katy Lin
    October 16, 2008 at 9:47 am #

oh. my. word. that is crazy 🙂 i love that you guys have such a great “roll with the punches” attitude

27. Becky
    October 16, 2008 at 3:54 pm #

I am very impressed that you could replace the keys yourself. My 5yo boy ripped off the “e” and the “3” and I could NOT get them back on. Fortunately my computer was still under warranty and covered the replacement. Gotta love boys!!

28. Melissa Stover
    October 16, 2008 at 10:57 pm #

my son did the same thing to my laptop!!

29. Koala Bear Writer
    October 17, 2008 at 6:28 pm #

That is funny! What things they can get into in the seconds you aren’t watching… but glad you got it fixed! 🙂