My Wife Jenny

Hey blog world, this is Brad. I am sneaking this post in under Jen’s nose. You hear from her a lot, I figured it was time for a post about her.

Jen and I met as 4-5 year old kids in a small town in west-central Indiana. Our parents knew one another, as most did in our small town, and we ran into each other for the first time at a public event on the square downtown. We both knew we would always be together from that time on……….OK, so I don’t even remember it, but that would be funny huh? The truth is, Jen and I lived about 500 feet from one another, yet we spent very little time together. In fact, I didn’t even know that she lived so close to me until we started dating.

When I was as sophomore, and she was a junior in High School, we both ended up in the same chemistry class. (corny, huh?) At the time, I did not considered her anything more than a friend. In the middle of the school year, a mutual friend of ours was in a terrible car accident that nearly took her life. Jen and I, along with one of her friends, started carpooling to the hospital ICU/rehab facility to visit her. This is when our story truly began. We maintained a strong relationship through 2 years of high school, 1 year of separation while I was a senior in high school and she was a freshman in college, and four years of college. Jen and I were married between her college graduation and mine, in December of 2002.

As a wife:

I guess the thing that has always marked my relationship with Jen more than anything is our close friendship. We have always been very honest with each other about our weaknesses and struggles. Maybe many married couples say this about their relationship, I hope they do, but I think Jen and I have something very rare, even unique in our relationship. I love her in a way that I cannot adequately describe, she is precious to me, absolutely priceless. There is no one I would rather hang out with in the world than my wife.

As a mom:

You all get a glimpse of who Jen is as a mom here on the blog, but it is even more amazing to watch her in person. She throws everything she has at being a mama. We had help early on while I was at work, but for well over a year, she has primarily been caring for our boys by herself. She is very tired at the end of the day, but I love to watch her eyes sparkle as she excitedly tells me the new “cute story” of the day. She is doing an awesome job as a first-time mommy, and

Jen’s Traits that I LOVE:
– Gentleness – She is very gentle with everything, never forced or hurried.
– Sweet – She has a very sweet, approachable spirit, love it!
– Smiley – One of her nicknames is “Smiles”, cause she does it so much.
– Respectful – She treats me and everyone else with respect.
– Trustworthy – I have never trusted anyone like I trust her.
– Beautiful – Inside and out, without question, the most beautiful woman in the world. Never seen anything like her.

I love you sweetheart,

Brad

32 Responses to “My Wife Jenny”

1. Stacey
    September 24, 2008 at 11:24 am #

Brad, I could see you smileing the whole way thru this post. You are a great husband to be able to sit down and put this all in to words where so many men could not. You both are such a inspiration to so many who read your blog.

ps I am not a speller so please forgive me.

September 24, 2008 at 11:37 am #

Jenny’s hair has really grown out, hasn’t it!

3. Williams' bunch
    September 24, 2008 at 1:04 pm #

So sweet! 🙂

4. Gayle
    September 24, 2008 at 1:05 pm #

Many may think these thoughts, but you are quite a man to actually put them into words. Jen is very lucky.

5. ASHENFELTERS
    September 24, 2008 at 1:09 pm #

sweet. What a great wife you have been blessed with! God is so good and you two are perfect for eachother!

6. My2Gs
    September 24, 2008 at 1:13 pm #

That is so sweet that you would secretly post something on her blog. I love it. I don’t know ya’ll but I can tell that you are adorable together!!

7. Brandi
    September 24, 2008 at 1:28 pm #

Brad,
    That is the absolutely sweetest thing EVER! No wonder she loves you so much.

8. Andria
    September 24, 2008 at 1:29 pm #

Wow! Talk about “Keepin’ it real”!!! Way to go Brad. I think you have just made us blog moms a bit jealous of that relationship you share with Jen. You are ONE awesome husband and father – and a great blog writer too!

(…I’m not sure I’d ever let my husband take the reigns of my blog!) 😉

Very sweet!

9. Carol
    September 24, 2008 at 2:29 pm #

All I can say is, Wow! You are what I am looking for in a husband! Second one, that is, for a young at heart mom of 4 grown kids, not quads.

10. asplashofsunshine
    September 24, 2008 at 2:56 pm #

Can I copy and paste this to an e-mail for my husband to read? KIDDING! I don’t think he would know how to access my blog if his life depended on it. Ha ha!

VERY SWEET! What a great family!

11. Jennifer
    September 24, 2008 at 2:57 pm #

Awe! What a great guy. That was a very thoughtful way to let your wife know how much you love her!

12. Arnold Quads
    September 24, 2008 at 3:32 pm #

Very Very Sweet. I love that you really out a lot of thought into your words. You have a beautiful family and I’m glad you treasure it so much!

maureen

13. Terri
    September 24, 2008 at 3:37 pm #

Beautifully written! You guys are lucky to have each other.

September 24, 2008 at 4:00 pm #

Could you be any sweeter? This is an awesome way to show your wife how much you value her – way better than any flashy gift. You truly are a great man!

Go Colts!

15. Carrie
    September 24, 2008 at 4:03 pm #

Awwwww, Brad can you talk to my husband?!?

September 24, 2008 at 5:24 pm #

Brad – what a beautiful tribute. Thank you!
    Cat

17. Following HIM
    September 24, 2008 at 10:01 pm #

Brad-one of the sweetest things I have read in a very long time. Jen is so lucky to have you!!!
    ~Elyse~

September 24, 2008 at 10:24 pm #

What a beautiful expression! You two make an amazing team! God knew what he was doing when he put you two together and blessed you with those boys!

19. Kate
    September 24, 2008 at 11:45 pm #

I don’t even know you and you made me cry. And I don’t cry!

20. The McNulty Family
    September 25, 2008 at 1:34 am #

Brad,

That was BEAUTIFUL!!! I love you guys!

Can I add HONEST and LOYAL to the list?

Jen you are one of the most beautiful souls I have ever know.

I love you with all my heart!
    XOXO
    Gen

21. murrayk
    September 25, 2008 at 7:11 am #

Gramma Murray wants to say to the whole world that I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful, loving daughter-in-law. I watch her with my grandsons and my admiration grows daily. She is a wonderful young lady and I am proud to claim her as my adopted daughter. I love you Jen. Kathy

22. Jenny B
    September 25, 2008 at 7:56 am #

so heartfelt and beautiful! This is the way a marriage is supposed to be! When we got pregnant with quads our one of our docs said that 80% of couples with HOM’s get divorced….glad to see there are a few of us couples that are beating the odds!

love ya guys!
    Jenny

23. mommy2twindaughters
    September 25, 2008 at 8:08 am #

That was so sweet!

24. Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows
    September 25, 2008 at 11:18 am #

Thank you, Jesus, for the sweet marriage you have blessed Jen and Brad with. What a Godly example they are for their sons. So, blessed to be able to read this.

Veronica from CA

25. Fulton Quads
    September 25, 2008 at 2:36 pm #

That is such a AWESOME post! We women rarely get to see what the men in our life think or feel. Thank you for sharing about your wonderful wife! I bet she loves you even more today!! Cathy

26. KSDallas
    September 25, 2008 at 2:44 pm #

You two are just such a great couple. I am sure you have your moments but it is obvious you both love each other very much. It is awesome to see people can still get married and be happy in today’s society. It gives us all hope.

KS

27. Casey's trio
    September 26, 2008 at 9:57 am #

Brad,
    What a beautiful post to share with the rest of us. I think it is easy to see many of Jen’s qualities come across in her thoughts and pictures of the boys.

28. Jen
    September 26, 2008 at 9:17 pm #

Wow. That was so loving and genuine. Great post from a husband who clearly adores his wife.

September 29, 2008 at 1:18 pm #

I LOVE this post, but for the sake of all other men out there… will you please tell us his faults? ha ha!!

30. Ashley
    September 30, 2008 at 11:50 pm #

Oh my goodness, so sweet. Jen I read your blog via the Steece quads. You seem to always be a devoted mother and wife, what a sweet tribute from your husband. Blessings to you and your family. Your quad boys are adorable!

31. mrs boo radley
    October 5, 2008 at 8:40 pm #

This is really really sweet. You are blessed to have eachother as life partners, and as the parents to each of your children!

32. Firefly
    October 20, 2008 at 1:06 am #

Hi Guys,

We have one for right now and once in a while is hard to handle. You’re doing a fantastic job with your crew.

God Bless,