Little Landscapers

Brad’s looking forward to the day when he gets to hang up his mowing shoes, and watch 4 little landscapers take over the yard duties. Training starts prior to age 2, courtesy of Fisher Price Bubble Mower. (It’s a crowd favorite at our house.)

DSC_0050c

Clark: "Didn’t I read somewhere about the dangers of mowing barefoot?"

DSC_0031c

Brooks: "Who needs self-propelled, this is lady’s work!"

DSC_0052c

Henry: "I really think purchasing a cow would be a wiser investment."

DSC_0032c

Brooks: "I could push-mow 3 acres." "No sweat."

DSC_0046c

Clark: "I vote for a riding lawn mower."

DSC_0053c2

Isaac: "Not the concrete too, Daddy." "It hasn’t grown a bit!"

DSC_0034c

After work comes play and a visit with the neighbor’s basset hounds.

(Pictures from behind are best in black and white, don’t you think?)

Anyone want to hire this fine little landscaping team? They’ve still got the "Skills to Pay the Bills".

20 Responses to “Little Landscapers”

1. Laura
    September 18, 2008 at 5:59 pm #

Cute pictures! Some toys are classics. I had this toy when I was little and its still fun for this generation!

2. Emily
    September 18, 2008 at 7:46 pm #

I need to get my Murray Crew fix again soon! 🙂 I love the pictures, and hope it means they’re all playing hard and feeling better!

3. Brittany
    September 18, 2008 at 7:53 pm #

Slave Drivers!

4. Williams' bunch
    September 18, 2008 at 8:54 pm #

They are so cute. My kids love the bubble blowing lawn mower, too! 🙂
    Your pictures always look so good!

5. Courtney
    September 18, 2008 at 11:09 pm #

My little boy LOVES his bubble mower. Every time we go outside he “mows”. When I actually refill the bubbles he gets really confused trying to figure out what the bubbles are…it’s pretty funny. Those are some great pics of the boys.

6. Moni Graf
    September 19, 2008 at 2:39 am #

I hope these pics mean the Murray’s are all feeling a little better.

I liked Brittany’s comment…slave drivers! But as my dad always said, “You’re old enough to walk, you’re old enough for chores.”

The black and whites from behind ARE the best. I agree. You are quite the photographer, Jen!

Love from KS,
    Moni

7. mommy2twindaughters
    September 19, 2008 at 6:02 am #

Can never start them too early 🙂 The pictures are adorable! By the way, I love black and white pictures!

8. Pam
    September 19, 2008 at 9:28 am #

Look at those cute little legs! I bet they go many miles a day! The lawn mover brings back so many memories from the day mine were little. Jen, they are just precious and you’ll are doing a superb job! A friend in East Texas, Pam.

9. Fulton Quads
    September 19, 2008 at 9:54 am #

LOVE the pictures especially the captions! They are ADORABLE! Cathy

10. Terri
    September 19, 2008 at 10:53 am #

The bubble mower is a crowd pleaser here as well! I would have to agree, that yes, pictures from behind are always better in B & W!!

11. KSDallas
    September 19, 2008 at 10:57 am #

I HATE yard work. How do I sign them up?? Of course, the commute to Dallas might be a bit of a problem. :o)

KS

12. Kate
    September 19, 2008 at 12:05 pm #

With 4 boys to do all that yard work, house work, laundry, dishes, etc, you and Brad may never have to lift a finger again! I’m glad you’re starting them out early. 🙂 It’s amazing how much they want to “help” when they’re toddlers, but they’ll be nowhere to be found once they’re teenagers!!

13. Suzanne
    September 19, 2008 at 2:33 pm #

so flippin cute! i’m afraid our boys will “workin’ to earn their keep” as well! LOVE it! 😉

September 19, 2008 at 6:19 pm #

AAAAaaaawwwwww!! Too cute!! Before long… you will have the best helpers around, and what a blessing it is to help helpers, yet Ill warn you, you will miss the cuties being little! Just you wait!! I love watching my little nephews ages 1 and 2, everything they do, I smile and laugh, they are just at such a preciuos age, so innocent. Enjoy your wee helpers!

Hey, by the way, thanks for the email. I still cant beleive I acutally got an email from the famous quad mom!! You made my day. Ill be sure to stay in touch!:)

Blessings to your mowing crew…
    Heidi Carrico

September 19, 2008 at 6:22 pm #

ha, oops,I just read my comment and realized I made a mistake, meant to say “have helpers”. I hope you caught on to that. I just didnt want to sound like a dork.:0I know, I shouldve checked before I posted it. Oopsie!
    Heidi

September 19, 2008 at 10:15 pm #

Way to get those boys trained early! haha! We just had our two mopping and dusting this week and they ‘help’ me with the laundry now too (which is good b/c soon mommy won’t be able to bend over to get things out of the washer! haha!)

So cute! Hope the boys are all feeling better and you and Brad stayed healthy!

17. Stacey
    September 19, 2008 at 11:52 pm #

Oh Jen they are so cute! Your lawn mowers sure do look like they are much quieter than ours. My Nate Loves his popping lawn mower and fights the girls for it. They put a many hours in mowing the carpet daily!

18. Mommato2miracles
    September 20, 2008 at 1:52 am #

Oh my goodness I just love your blog. You are so funny and encouraging. I cannot stop smiling! Thanks for all the smiles!!! God bless you and your family

19. Gayle
    September 23, 2008 at 4:02 am #

Great photos of the boys. I should have gotten Lukie a bubble mower. He so would have loved that!

20. Drea
    September 25, 2008 at 8:01 pm #

Taite loves those mowers! so cute. sorry im so behidn on ur blog.. im catching up 2nite.