The Grass IS Greener on The Other Side

The boys have a fascination with farm animals and their sounds.  Between the four of them, they make quite a barn! Clark is our best sheep impersonator, Henry neighs most like a horse, Brooks plays the chicken, and Isaac can out-moo any of us.

We recently discovered Trader’s Point Creamery, an organic creamery, which allows close up encounters of their livestock.  Oh how I wish we were farmers!  (That’s coming from a girl who knows zilch about farming.)  The beauty of the land and the animals are breathtaking.  There’s just something about living off the land that is so appealing, but I know I’d end up slaughtering the poor rooster the first time he woke up the boys from their slumber!

The cows and chickens were kind enough to put up with this city girl’s camera so I could capture some memories at the creamery.  I edited these pictures with a vintage look, and was pleased how they turned out!  I might even frame a few for the kitchen!

DSC_0005c

DSC_0021c   DSC_0015c DSC_0030c DSC_0038cDSC_0032c

The best part of our visit turned out to be the fresh chocolate milk. I should have taken a picture of 4 chocolate milk mustaches!  Guess we’ll have to go back for another visit soon; Maybe we’ll see you there!

22 Responses to “The Grass IS Greener on The Other Side”

1. Following HIM
    September 28, 2008 at 3:05 pm #

I LOVE how the boys are so interested in everything. Looks like lots of fun is happening in the Murray home. Glad they enjoyed the outdoors and the farm life :)
    ~Elyse~

2. Stephanie
    September 28, 2008 at 4:01 pm #

You must get a milkshake next time! They are a-ma-zing!

3. Samantha
    September 28, 2008 at 4:06 pm #

Hi there. I am a lurker for some time now, but just had to comment on how great your pics turned out. What kind of editing software do you use?

Thanks!

4. Gail
    September 28, 2008 at 4:25 pm #

Ahhh, they’re so cute! (And the animals too.) You take such great photos.

5. Jill
    September 28, 2008 at 4:35 pm #

Thanks for sharing!! I live in Indy and after reading this post and seeing your pictures……I am VERY excited to take my little guy there! Looks like a great place. Thanks again!

6. Mountain Girl
    September 28, 2008 at 4:51 pm #

I love the vintage photos! It sounds like the boys had a blast going to the farm! Have you gone pumpkin picking yet? We took some kids to the pumpkin farm on Saturday and it was a blast.

7. Cheryl Lage
    September 28, 2008 at 5:20 pm #

Oh it looks like SUCH fun! Love reading about your little men and their adventures. :)

8. Leah
    September 28, 2008 at 5:30 pm #

Wow, Jen…you could probably make a career out of photography. Those are really good!

9. Courtney
    September 28, 2008 at 6:23 pm #

Those are some great pics! And what an awesome outing for kids…our little boy loves animals and would have a blast at something like that!

September 28, 2008 at 7:53 pm #

What a great idea! We were at a fall harvest yesterday and there were cows, chickens and horses. One of the ladies asked me if my two had ever seen real farm animals up close and I was kind of surprised by her question…yes they’ve seen lots at zoos and we pass cows and horses every day on our ride down our road home. I guess most ‘city kids’ don’t get that though.
    I bet that chocolate milk was yummy!! Definitely worth another trip back!
    Great pics, too!

11. Cyn
    September 28, 2008 at 8:14 pm #

Dog gone it !! Why couldn’t this be in TEXAS instead of Indianna?!
    It looks like an amzing place to visit!!

12. Suzanne
    September 28, 2008 at 8:22 pm #

murray! i cannot buLEEEEEV how grown up the boys are looking. i mean, GOSH! they really look like little gentlemen—not babies anymore—SOOOOO HANDSOME!! i LOVE that last pic!!!! miss you….gotta catch up!!!

13. Tony & Jaimie
    September 28, 2008 at 8:54 pm #

Looks like you all had a great time! we should meet up there some weekend! Claire loved the animals too – we’ll have to bring the video camera to get all their sounds on tape :)

14. Christine
    September 28, 2008 at 11:42 pm #

Once again great pictures! And the boys still in one-pieces that’s priceless in my opinion. It’s so hard to find them past the age of 2.

15. Elizabeth
    September 29, 2008 at 11:17 am #

Wow, great pictures…but it looks like you are missing a kid:)

16. Michelle
    September 29, 2008 at 6:24 pm #

What a FUN time! HANDOME BOYS! Great pictures!

17. debi9kids
    September 29, 2008 at 10:01 pm #

FANTASTIC pictures Jen! Just gorgeous!
    My littlest ones (ok, the big kids too) LOVE going to the farm! Will was so excited when we went apple picking and he saw a cow there that he wanted nothing to do with the apples. LOL

18. The McNulty Family
    September 29, 2008 at 10:54 pm #

Wow… mama! LOVE these shots and LOVE you! How much fun.
    XOXO
    Gen

19. sasha
    September 30, 2008 at 8:51 am #

I am new to your blog, and love it. I have one question…What do you use to edit your photos?
    Thanks!
    Sasha
    chococoveredviolin@yahoo.com

20. mommy2twindaughters
    September 30, 2008 at 9:53 am #

I love the photos! Looks like your family has so much fun!

October 8, 2008 at 4:17 pm #

sorry your grass isnt greener

22. The Farm House Kids
    October 13, 2008 at 12:45 pm #

Jen,

We’re south of you about 3 hours .. you’re welcome to come take a few cows off our hands and all the cow pa-tootie that comes with them. You’d even have your own milk supply!!! Come on down!!!

But I can say, your boys would love stomping in all that squishy wiggly stuff in the barn … lol.

Great Pics!