Toy of The Week

DSC_0025c

My $5 rummage sale find has been THE toy of the week.

DSC_0004x

However, introducing ONE "new" toy to a room full of boys isn’t always pretty.

DSC_0017c

There are tears shed.

DSC_0028c

And all out battles of the wills.

DSC_0027c

But then there are brotherly moments like these…

DSC_0029c

when I melt like a popsicle in the desert!

23 Responses to “Toy of The Week”

1. Michelle Larkinson
    August 30, 2008 at 12:38 am #

Jen & Brad-
    The Boys are adorable!
    I have been following them for quite a while now!!
    Hope you all have a great Labor Day Weekend!!
    Michelle 🙂

2. Suzanne
    August 30, 2008 at 12:40 am #

jen, laughing out loud right now! LOOOOOVE the post! i love how you tell a story through pictures—you are so creative, little mama…that’s why i love you so! (well, not the only reason, but one of the many!) 🙂

3. The McNulty Family
    August 30, 2008 at 12:44 am #

SOOOO BIG!! They are getting so big and so handsome!! I love this post Jen and your photos.. talent, talent, talent!!

I love you all so much.

Next… learning to share! 🙂 Ahhh life with four toddlers! LOL.

XOXO
    Gen

4. Kate
    August 30, 2008 at 9:00 am #

Jen, that is ADORABLE! I love seeing the boys push eachother around. I can’t wait to see my boys doing stuff like that together. (In between the wrestling matches and temper tantrums, I’m sure!) Speaking of adorable, your new house looks BEAUTIFUL! We need a virtual tour or something!

5. Claudia
    August 30, 2008 at 10:34 am #

What an AWESOME find! A Thomas anything for five bucks is great! My son would be jealous. I’m sure we’d have tears, too, if Steven would have to share! I love your picture story.

6. Lisa Murphy
    August 30, 2008 at 10:43 am #

Hi Jen-
    Your boys are adorable!
    Don’t you love when the cheap toys are what they like, and then when you buy the expensive ones, they don’t like them?! Thats toddlers for you!!
    Lisa

7. Jessie's Girls
    August 30, 2008 at 11:57 am #

$5! Way to go Momma! Awesome toy. I love it when my girls decide to play nicely together 🙂

August 30, 2008 at 12:00 pm #

What a great find! Loved seeing them help each other out. SO sweet!

9. Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows
    August 30, 2008 at 1:00 pm #

Jen,

How do you keep your house so clean is my question!!!!

Veronica from CA

10. Kate
    August 30, 2008 at 5:01 pm #

My son was on the box of that toy 🙂

11. Sarah Reaves
    August 30, 2008 at 5:07 pm #

Just love it! Thanks for sharing…Miss you so much!!

Sarah jane

12. Emily
    August 30, 2008 at 8:45 pm #

oh the thomas train! makes me smile as i experienced it in all it of its battles and glory last night 😉 thanks for letting me come over, hang out with your boys, and then chat over dinner (thanks) with you and brad. i love you all!

13. Following HIM
    August 30, 2008 at 9:58 pm #

Your heart must melt a lot with these sweet boys! I love the Thomas train!
    ~Elyse~

14. Jenn Brothers
    August 30, 2008 at 10:44 pm #

Jackson would be so jealous if he saw that! He wants one, but I think at age 4 and 35 lbs, he’s a wee bit too big for it now!

August 30, 2008 at 10:47 pm #

AHHH Jen and Brad…how sweet! The tears are even precious!! But look how well they do share!!! 🙂 Too sweet, guys!! ~Sioby

16. mrs boo radley
    August 31, 2008 at 1:22 am #

I’d melt too!

Very precious, all of them.

17. Melissa
    August 31, 2008 at 9:51 pm #

I am a frequent reader, but I think this is my first comment. First of all, let me say that your boys are simply gorgeous and you are so very, quadruply blessed! I love reading your updates and especially enjoy all of the pictures and videos of your handsome quartet!

I have twin boys who just turned two, so many times I am able to smile and nod when I recognize a similar experience. If we get “one new toy” we also have tears, battles of wills, and thankfully, moments of brotherly love! However, I am completely in awe of how you manage it with four! I am further in awe of how amazingly clean your house is! I noticed that another commenter mentioned the same thing! Please, please, for my own sanity…tell me that you have help with housecleaning and that you are not doing all of that yourself, in addition to caring for quads! Please!

Thanks for the terrific blog! Please feel free to check out ours!

Melissa

18. Williams' bunch
    September 1, 2008 at 10:18 pm #

So cute!!! 🙂 Gotta love those yard sale toys that end up being the favorites….kids are so easy to please!

19. Christine
    September 1, 2008 at 11:28 pm #

My twins have one of Thomas ride-ons, plus a couple of others. They love it but don’t fight over it cause the others have compartments that they choose to fight over. Great pictures as always.

20. debi9kids
    September 2, 2008 at 12:32 am #

OMGosh Jen! That video was so sweet! I am feeling so sappy tonight that i have tears watching that. ADORABLE!

Isn’t it the best when you find a toy that works magic like that and yet it costs nothing?!?

21. Dawn
    September 2, 2008 at 8:04 am #

So cute. Don’t you love those rummage sale finds? How do you get the white border around your pictures – they are stunning as usual.

September 2, 2008 at 5:56 pm #

My little niece LOVES thomas the train!!! I bet they had a ball plaing on that!!!-sioby

23. Quad Squad!
    September 6, 2008 at 9:35 pm #

Oh, so sweet that last pic! We’ve had very similar battles at our house over a ride-on schoolbus, and I LOVE it when one child pushes another around the house on it! Much better than when one child pushes another OFF!