Unpacking 101

Brown is NOT the new Black!

I’m not too fond of brown, cardboard, packing tape, bubble wrap, newspaper, or box cutters anymore, but steadily we are making progress on making our house into a HOME.

Little by Little….

Master Bedroom – CHECK
Master Bath – CHECK
Guest Bath – CHECK
Playroom – CHECK
Kitchen – BIG CHECK!!!!
Linen Closet – CHECK
Living Room – Nearly a CHECK

My brown cardboard friends may inhabit our space until Christmas time, or so….but eventually we’ll be unpacked for good.

We were blessed by sooooooo many busy beavers on moving day to make our move as quick and painless as possible. AN ENORMOUS THANK YOU to all who came to help move boxes/furniture, take care of munchkins, clean, organize, etc. I won’t even start naming names, because I’m bound to leave someone out, but YOU GUYS BLESSED OUR SOCKS OFF with your willing hands and service to our family! God provided for us once again through your graciousness to us. Truly humbling. I wish I could have hugged and thanked you all personally on Moving Day, but many of you slipped away in the hustle and bustle…Speaking of “Hustle and Bustle” – Watch for yourselves!

The boys have had their share of adjustments as well, but are really enjoying more roaming room and freedom. They’ve also discovered that unpacking is an easier skill to master than packing!

They have grown up so much in the last week, right before my eyes!!! Everyday is a gift!

18 Responses to “Unpacking 101”

1. Kate
    July 20, 2008 at 4:26 pm #

Congrats on the new house!! Take pictures of every room so we can all see your new home!

LOVE the boys playing in the bin! I bet they were a HUGE help!!

2. My2Gs
    July 20, 2008 at 5:30 pm #

Can’t wait to see more pictures 🙂 Your boys are precious.

3. Mom Taxi Julie
    July 20, 2008 at 5:37 pm #

They are soo cute!

July 20, 2008 at 5:50 pm #

Hey Brad and Jen,
    Congratulations:):) I saw your mom on Saturday Jen and she was telling alittle bit about the move. I love you have pictures and the video…. our christian family makes all the difference in the world don’t they!! I think of and pray for you all often. Because of Him, Love Leona Paddock

5. Danielle in MO
    July 20, 2008 at 5:50 pm #

fun Jen – you will have to take some pics of the new house when you get settled….

6. Cheryl Lage
    July 20, 2008 at 5:55 pm #

You all always seem to be having such fun…it’s always a joy-bringer to see your pictures and read your words.

Wishing you many, many years of joy in your new home!

7. debi9kids
    July 20, 2008 at 6:04 pm #

Wow! That was a lot of helping hands helping to move you in! How wonderful!!!!
    The bloyts are just so cute & getting so big! I just love seeing those cuties all playing together!
    🙂 Debi

8. Following HIM
    July 20, 2008 at 6:27 pm #

PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS! The boys are so interested in everything and so cute!!! Hope unpacking ends soon and life with the cute quads picks up again! Happy unpacking and new adventures await!!
    ~Elyse~

9. Krystyn
    July 20, 2008 at 7:36 pm #

So cute! Year 1-2 is so amazing. They grow and change sooooo much!

10. Kelly
    July 20, 2008 at 8:11 pm #

I LOVED this age and stage w/my oldest. Might be my favorite!

July 20, 2008 at 9:36 pm #

I’m Sooo glad you had so much help! I can’t even imagine moving again, let alone with juggling (4) kids! I hope you’re all getting settled and adjusted. I’m sure the boys are having LOTS of fun exploring their new stomping grounds! Congrats again!

12. Plus 3
    July 21, 2008 at 12:09 am #

Congratulations on your new home! It looks so nice and roomy! I'm impressed you've unpacked as much as you have! I don't think I would be so ambitious, and I only have three toddlers!

My almost 16-month-old (not a preemie) took his first steps on July 4, like Isaac. However, he is still not walking regularly. He gets around like Clark does in your video…on his knees. I guess it's easier than crawling when he has something (usually a ball) in each hand! It's so cute, and I haven't seen another toddler do that until I saw Clark! He & Rylan would be so cute playing together!

13. 4funboys
    July 21, 2008 at 1:07 am #

cute clip…

Just think of the work force you’ll have to help you in a couple of years!!!!

14. Brandi
    July 21, 2008 at 8:37 am #

Congrats on the new home! Loved the pics of them helping with the dishes! Couldn’t watch the vids due to crap comp.

15. Rachael
    July 21, 2008 at 8:58 am #

congrats on the move and good luck with the rest of your unpacking!

the boys look adorable as always!

July 21, 2008 at 10:52 am #

hahahahha jen!! howwww cute!! how sweet they play sooo well together!! loved the video clip of them in the plastic box!! the simplest things entertain them!! how precious! -sioby

17. Suzanne
    July 21, 2008 at 1:11 pm #

mama murray miss you muchos! hope you are having a blast in the new casa! so proud of you for all of the unpacking! sheesh! the boys are bigger and more beautiful than ever (didn’t think that could be possible!) i love you and miss you! we’ll chat SOON!

18. Jen Wilson
    July 25, 2008 at 10:53 pm #

Your boys are just SO sweet!! (As I’ve already said a thousand times.) I love the part where Clark was trying to touch the camera lens, too cute. (I only know it was him because you said his name, I still have no idea who is who!)