Happy Birthday, America!

What an eventful, exciting 4th of July weekend! Hope you all had a fun, safe, time with family and friends. Happy Birthday, America!

The boys LOVE any kind of birthday party, so naturally the 4th turned out to be a “crowd pleaser”. We didn’t even let rain on our parade or unseasonably cool temps ruin our festive moods.

I had too many pix and video to fit in one post, so I created a small montage of some of the highlights from the weekend.

Since you might ask…The song is Song of the Patriot, by Mr. Johnny Cash. It seemed appropriate, especially since they ARE real-life nephews of “Uncle Sam” aka Uncle Kirby, who was born on the 4th of July!!!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Gg237Hig0]

PS I know I’m like 2 Days Late on Filling You in on Who Walked Acrossed the Room on the 4th. These Video Blogs Take Some Editing Patience, so Hold Tight. I’ll Give You a Hint…It’s Not Henry or Brooks. They Can Already Run Circles Around Me!

16 Responses to “Happy Birthday, America!”

1. Kate
    July 7, 2008 at 2:40 pm #

Is Southern Indiana as crazy with the fireworks as Northern Indiana? This was our 2nd 4th as Hoosiers, and Oh. My. Goodness! The lunatics around here blow a month’s pay on fireworks easily!

2. Jen
    July 7, 2008 at 2:50 pm #

Love the video; the boys look so cute as usual 🙂 And I love your blue shirt in the beginning! How do you get yourself looking so great w/ 4 boys? You’re amazing!

3. Sarah
    July 7, 2008 at 3:14 pm #

what a fun time! I love how the boys just stare at that ride at the carnival…that was too cute!

4. Alice
    July 7, 2008 at 4:26 pm #

I don’t know if I have ever commented on you blog but have been reading it for a long time.

I cracked up when Brad said here come Ed and Janet. That is my mom and dad’s names.

I love your honesty on this blog and I think you quad moms are the ultimate superwomen!!!! I have trouble taking to children two years apart, anywhere!

July 7, 2008 at 4:39 pm #

I agree Jen you always look great and anytime I stop by your house is so clean. I’m always impressed! Let me know if you want to venture out for ice cream. I’ll help you with the kiddos or we can make a “girls trip.” Either way, I would love to spend some time with you.

Amy C.

6. Stephanie
    July 7, 2008 at 5:29 pm #

Glad the boys got to experience the fun of the Covington 4th of July!

7. The Sherrill Family
    July 7, 2008 at 6:07 pm #

I think the “kiss the rain” picture has to be one of the cutest I’ve ever seen! Love it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy 4th to you too Jen!!

July 7, 2008 at 8:18 pm #

Great pics, great video! Looks like you and the boys had a great 4th!

9. Goerlich Quadruplets
    July 7, 2008 at 9:56 pm #

Awesome video and tribute to growing up in the good ol’ US of A! I love the quick head snap when that ride came around – maybe in a few years, then you’ll be the one screaming:) Chris

10. debi9kids
    July 7, 2008 at 11:41 pm #

Loved the comparison to last year! You are just so “cute” Jen!

Glad you had such a great time elebrating with your family!
    🙂 Debi

11. Mommato2miracles
    July 8, 2008 at 2:45 am #

Awesomely creative as usual. Your blog is always a joy to read, and your boys faces are always a joy to see. Happy belated 4th to you guys!

12. Following HIM
    July 8, 2008 at 9:41 am #

Looks like the kiddos had a great fourth! This year was so much better than last year-the parade looks like so much fun! Hope ya’ll had fun in Smalltown, USA.
    ~Elyse~

13. arifa
    July 8, 2008 at 9:48 am #

I love the ‘kiss the rain’ picture!

14. Moni Graf
    July 8, 2008 at 12:41 pm #

Hi Brad, Jen and boys! It’s been awhile since I’ve commented, but I’m always reading. I love how your family is like a preview to what my family will experience in a few months! In fact, we’ve taken some of your great ideas and ran with them (choo choo wagon, peapods, etc). Thanks for ALWAYS putting a smile on my face. You guys rock!
    Love from KS,
    Moni

15. Suzanne
    July 8, 2008 at 12:54 pm #

great video…those adorable murray boys get me every time! glad you guys had a good 4th!!!! miss you like crazy! cute blue shirt woman! looking gooooood! woo hoo 😉

16. Andria