Table for 4…

I decided to try out the picnic table with the boys last week as a practice for eating meals outside (future blog post in the making). For a good while (good while = at least 4 minutes) they sat contently playing with a few toys and chattering with one another. Then Henry had enough socializing and was off! Next went Brooks! Clark and Isaac were left sitting like little gentlemen and entertained by their mama chasing their brothers around the yard. Next, Isaac fell backwards onto the soft grass (I think he forgot there wasn’t a back to his seat, unlike the feeding table). And finally Clark climbed out of the table, on top the table, off the table, back on the table, etc. Henry enjoyed hiding out in the shade under the table.

Isn’t it interesting how something simple like a picnic table can demonstrate such distinct personalities?

The Murray Crew are LOVING summer! More summer fun posts to come…

14 Responses to “Table for 4…”

1. Goerlich Quadruplets
    June 9, 2008 at 5:31 pm #

You must’ve gotten out there for the four minutes that it wasn’t raining, huh? Hope you all are still high and dry. Can’t wait for more Murray Crew picnic adventures. 🙂

2. Jenny
    June 9, 2008 at 7:57 pm #

ya’ll are SO cute! i just love your sweet posts!

3. Rachael
    June 9, 2008 at 8:03 pm #

what a cute montage of pictures! i am glad they enjoyed the picnic table…even if it might take a while to get them to sit there long enough to eat and entire meal!

4. The McNulty Family
    June 9, 2008 at 9:28 pm #

Hysterical! Just wait til they all climb on top and start pushing eachother off!! 🙂 Teee hee hee!!

Ummm your YARD…. AMAZING!!!! Wow, I think I would lose one of mine out there! 🙂

Love the pictures and LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys!
    XOXO
    Gen

June 9, 2008 at 10:04 pm #

How fun! I debated about getting a little picnic table for our two, but we don’t even have a table for us to eat out or a patio out there…so we nixed that for now. Good luck keeping them all in place long enough for a meal!

6. Tony & Jaimie
    June 9, 2008 at 11:00 pm #

cute cute cute – what a fun day i bet that was.

ps – brad another sweet post about one of your sons. Every time i read them i think, “that’s the one Claire’s going to marry”…then i read another one and i’m like, “nope, that’s the one Claire’s going to marry”…hahaha- well, at least i hope they do become good friends one day 🙂

7. Gayle
    June 10, 2008 at 2:45 am #

Very cute boys! Nice yard. It’s huge…wish I had all that lawn to play on. Cool photos, too. I’ll have to learn how to do that kind of layout. SO much I don’t know…Enjoy summer!

8. GibsonTwins
    June 10, 2008 at 11:48 am #

Love the pics! We are dying to really “use” our picnic table like that! But even at 19 months, we’re not ready to sit and eat so we’re still using high chairs and will just pull those up to the big picnic table this summer.

June 10, 2008 at 1:39 pm #

Maybe you should try putting FOOD on the table next time – hahaha! :)they might make it to 6 minutes then -ha! 🙂 Anyway – too cute! and what fun!!!!!!! What do they think of bubbles??? That’s always fun to watch them chase them and then try to figure out what happened when they pop. Enjoy the nice days in the sun!!! Darla

10. Cheryl Lage
    June 10, 2008 at 2:06 pm #

Oh Jen, they are so adorable…I love the four-shot of the boys at the table. Do keep those summer pictured coming!

11. Cindy (and Brian)
    June 10, 2008 at 6:08 pm #

I love this! Super cute!

12. debi9kids
    June 10, 2008 at 6:46 pm #

OH wow! They are just Big Kids!!! HOLY COW! Just look at them!!! WOW!!!!!

13. Misty
    June 11, 2008 at 11:15 am #

It only took 4minutes? Mine love to climb on ours too. BUt it is the best thing for snack time!
    I’m so jealous of your backyard. Mine is the size of most peoples bedroom.
    Misty

14. Joy
    June 12, 2008 at 12:05 am #

Adorable!! I love how you captured all of their personalities through a picnic table…awesome! Ok, we are in Indy FOR GOOD, so when are we getting our slew of children together? Email me! Happy summer Murray Crew!