Divine Secrets of the Quad-Quad (Quad, Quad) Sisterhood

I’m having major trouble coming up with adequate words to depict our weekend in Tahoe with my Quad Sistas (and Bros). You should read Gen and Suz’s posts, because they pretty much read my mind and typed it up and I’m sure Mari is gonna probably hitting “POST” while I attempt to put a downright amazing 4 days into a teeny little write-up.

In effort to keep from being too repetitive I decided to create a Travelogue to record some of the highlights from our journey. I’ll try not to get too windy, but I may have to break this up into a few parts. Let’s start from the beginning….

BACKGROUND:
Gen, Suz, Mari, and I started developing a friendship through our blogs initially. We were united by our unique circumstances along with the joys and struggles involved in “surviving quads”. Many emails and chats later, our guys started picking up on how close we had bonded. Although thousands of miles separated us, there was a family-like friendship developing.

My true-love, Brad, threw out an email to the “Bros” with the idea of getting us girls together for a girl weekend. Over 150 Emails later, the date/place was set and the boys decided to join us!

The Boys: “Hmmmm…How Could We Get our Girls to Love Us 4Ever????”

Brad: “How ’bout a 4-Day Kid-Free Trip to Lake Tahoe?”
Bros: “Genius, Yo.”

To Be Continued….

26 Responses to “Divine Secrets of the Quad-Quad (Quad, Quad) Sisterhood”

1. Suzanne
    June 24, 2008 at 11:02 pm #

jen, that was awesome!!! the suspense is killing me, and i was THERE!!! ha! i love hearing about it again and again through you ladies! miss you terribly and love you deeply!

2. Casey's trio
    June 24, 2008 at 11:07 pm #

Your pictures for this post are classic. The bonds you have formed are so special and fun to read about! Joe’s face in the last two pics are hilarious.

3. Sarah Reaves
    June 24, 2008 at 11:10 pm #

Jen,
    This is so fun to read on all four blogs! I was wondering why I couldn’t get any updated posts last week! So glad you were able to sneak away!

Love to all!
    Sarah Jane

4. Suzanne
    June 24, 2008 at 11:11 pm #

btw…love the quad quad (quad quad) sisterhood title! you are so clever! love it!

5. Goerlich Quadruplets
    June 24, 2008 at 11:31 pm #

hey jen – we had such a blast with ya’ll. your man needs lots of props for putting this all together. you are a sweet pea and i am looking forward to so many more adventures with you ahead. thanks for all of your support, advice, laughter, honesty and faith. love, mari

6. debi9kids
    June 24, 2008 at 11:57 pm #

Jen,
    I just LOVE that you all became so close and that your husbands were not only supportive of it, but they became friends as well.
    Just the best husbands EVER!
    I can’t wait to hear it all!
    🙂 Debi

7. Rachael
    June 25, 2008 at 12:06 am #

i am loving the title, so creative! you are such an incredible group of ladies (and guys) and i love that you were all able to finally get together. those pictures are classic…love em!

8. Following HIM
    June 25, 2008 at 12:11 am #

Glad you got to spend 4 days with adults and kid-free! I hope you had a GREAT time and are now ready to rock’n’roll with the boys! I love the roll play on how you all got together! Also the fact when Bros said: “Genius Yo.” I laughed when I read this!
    Keep up the GOOD work
    ~Elyse~

June 25, 2008 at 12:19 am #

Okay, this may be a crazy question…..BUT…did ya’ll compare bellies when you were together???? I know ya’ll did prego belly shots on your blogs, but no one will do a post belly pic, so I wondered if ya’ll showed eachother…..also, how in the world did ya’ll get enough help to watch all the kids for that long? 16 kids is a lot!!!!!!!

10. Kym's Challenge
    June 25, 2008 at 12:21 am #

Jen and the quad quad sisterhood and hubbies are hilarious. I love you all and I haven’t even met you. I wish I could and do some lovin on all 16 of the best looking kids ever. Can’t wait to read more, you are all the most amazing people and really show how God has a plan and its awesome.

11. The McNulty Family
    June 25, 2008 at 1:13 am #

Ahhh Jenners! I wish I could jump through my computer and hug you right now! LOVE the title and can’t wait to hear more… wait, I was there! Guess I’m with Suz… just can’t get enough of you.

Lot’s of love and hugs from Cali. Kiss all those boys for me.. yep, even Brad.. the rommantic!

XOXO
    Gen

12. The McNulty Family
    June 25, 2008 at 1:14 am #

oops.. “romantic!” sorry, need to go to bed.
    xoxo
    G

13. Gayle
    June 25, 2008 at 5:35 am #

Everyone looks so young and fresh…and you have all those babies! Well done! Can’t wait to hear the rest of the story!

14. Terri
    June 25, 2008 at 8:33 am #

This is great! I am loving hearing this through all of you! I can’t wait to hear more! What wonderful husbands you guys have to do this for you! An awewome bond all of you have! I am gleaming for you!

15. Kate
    June 25, 2008 at 10:11 am #

Mom’s of quads are not supposed to be that hot!

16. Jenn Brothers
    June 25, 2008 at 10:44 am #

How exciting that you got to meet your Quad Sisters in person! And I might send Bryan to spend a few days with Brad before we get married. 🙂

17. The Gerwer Babies
    June 25, 2008 at 10:56 am #

Love the picture of the guys being goofy. Nice face Joe!! Looks like a blast, how amazing!

18. Stephanie
    June 25, 2008 at 12:56 pm #

What a wonderful trip!! How lucky you all are to have done this!! I’m sure you will make it a yearly event if possible!!

19. Andria
    June 25, 2008 at 1:10 pm #

You crack me up. You’re posts are always so suspenseful and I love the titles of them. Very clever! I can’t wait to hear more!

20. Mrs. Wilson
    June 25, 2008 at 1:17 pm #

haha! Those pictures of the guys are great!! I’m so happy you girls (and guys) had such an amazing weekend and I’m looking forward to reading the rest of it!!

June 25, 2008 at 1:25 pm #

Joe is the king of funny faces. I’m cracking up!
    Looks like y’all had a great time!
    Cathy

22. Cheryl Lage
    June 25, 2008 at 6:02 pm #

Omigosh! What a fun-loving looking bunch! Wish I could have been a twin-mama fly on the wall! 🙂

What an amazing gathering that must have been!

23. ASHENFELTERS
    June 25, 2008 at 10:12 pm #

You are the QUEEN of suspense!!!! And I LOVE your title!~

June 26, 2008 at 8:33 am #

can’t wait to see more!!
    it looks like you had a blast!!

25. Blessings From Above
    June 26, 2008 at 3:07 pm #

That is so cool!!! I can’t wait to hear about your trip. It is so neat that you were able to meet some of your blog buddies.

26. The Epps Family
    June 30, 2008 at 7:32 am #

This is the best story I’ve read in a long time– and I’m a LIBRARIAN!! I’ve been a McNulty fan for quite awhile, but the connection between the four of you moms has pulled me in. This is seriously the most amazing story– the stuff that Oprah is made of!! Such a blessing that the FOUR of you found each other during and after those pregnancies–God works in mysterious ways! Great pix, great posts!