Videos of a “Venturous” Vacation: “Reserved Room for the Griswolds, Please”

Start Here…
Prequel

Sequel I

Sequel II

After our “Griswold Moment” we hit the road for another 3 hour tour. We were more than relieved to pull up to The Residence Inn in Brentwood, TN (just south of Nashville). Regardless of being 4 hours late, we still beat my parents and sister + her family down, and were able to pull off the surprise.

Here’s a peak at our BIG surprise. They were so shocked that the door slams on them! Hilarious! I think the boys were just as surprised with all the commotion.

I think they’re shaking to another 50 Years!

Next Episode: “Memorable Moments in Music City”

13 Responses to “Videos of a “Venturous” Vacation: “Reserved Room for the Griswolds, Please””

1. Following HIM
    May 13, 2008 at 8:26 pm #

How did you beat your sister? What an adventure. Looks like you all are having fun!!! Look foward to the new video.
    ~Elyse~

2. Audrey
    May 13, 2008 at 8:40 pm #

I love how you mom slaps her leg. It brought back many memories of my grandma. She did that when she laughed or was excited about something. This has been quite a “trip.”

3. Leah
    May 13, 2008 at 8:48 pm #

I’m LOVING the mini series…I think I’m hooked! You guys need you own show! I check everyday to see if there is a new ‘episode’ LOL

4. 4under3
    May 13, 2008 at 10:28 pm #

I found you through the grapevine tonight and wanted to tell say that I think your boys are so, so adorable! So are your quads two sets of id twins or one?

Oh, their dark hair is just precious!!

We have a (daughter) 3 year old, (son) 2 year old, and id girls tha tare 10.5 months. It’s nice to find other moms of multiples. Then there are higher order moms like you who amaze me. I’m in our multiples group and we have one mom who has quads with 2 girls being id. God is so amazing, isn’t he?!

5. Tony & Jaimie
    May 13, 2008 at 10:44 pm #

I think that’s HILARIOUS that they are shaking hands!!

6. Kate
    May 14, 2008 at 7:44 am #

I agree with Gavin’s mommy above – YOU GUYS NEED YOUR OWN SHOW! I was hooked on your blog before, now I wake up thinking, “what ad-VENTURE do I get to read about today?!” I just adore you guys and your fun stories! Can I take a road trip to Indiana to come meet you in person and snuggle on your boys?! : )

7. Tara Y.
    May 14, 2008 at 9:11 am #

I am looking forward to the next show. You have done a great job with the different clips. Your boys are cute. I hope that you enjoyed your stay in my great city that I live in. I love living in Music City.

8. Cadi + 4
    May 14, 2008 at 11:27 am #

That is way too cute!! What is up with the shaking hands? It makes it all the more cute.

Cadi

May 14, 2008 at 1:04 pm #

WOW – -what a nice surprise for them – – I’m guessing Dan and his wife also made the trip? Hope so!!I’m sure they were thrilled. Your mom told me that they would be gone on that weekend (since we had planned my parents 50th surprises as well then) – had no idea it was for that.:) We all were pretty sneaky on that weekend – huh? We managed to surprise mom and dad to to top on their 50th….even had them renew their vows during the morning service at church – all of their siblings even attended and surprised them – – it was quite an ordeal…isn’t that fun? But exhausting too! I’m glad it’s over – but I don’t regret not one thing that Tim and I did to make their day special – -and I know you all feel the same way!! GOOD JOB Myers kids! We did get a little more than a handshake in our pictures though – haha! :) Glad you all made it and had a great time with each other!!! Darla

10. Alison
    May 14, 2008 at 1:53 pm #

I just loved this video…it reminded me of when I was maybe 11 and we flew to Hawaii to surprise my grandparents for their 50th anniversary, and their reactions of shock and surprise and happiness were much the same. Since then they’ve unfortunately passed on, and this video brought tears to my eyes (that just won’t stop!), as it stirred up some great memories of my own. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

11. Stephanie
    May 14, 2008 at 5:16 pm #

Aww… I heart Ed and Janet. :) What a great surprise!

12. Christie
    May 15, 2008 at 8:35 am #

So glad you made it! What a great surprise for your parents. They were so happy to see all of you!

Christie
    mcgoverntrio.blogspot.com

13. debi9kids
    May 16, 2008 at 1:03 am #

How cute! I just love your mom’s reaction! She really was surprised!
    Can’t wait to see the rest!
    :) Debi