Wombmates Remain Cribmates

Unbelievable. Yep, it’s true. The Wombmates are still Cribmates. 14 Months Old Today and Clark and Brooks are still sharing their crib. (Isaac and Henry each sleep in their own cribs.) It just gets cuter all the time. Take a look:

14 Months is the longest we’ve ever heard of anyone co-bedding so we’ll be giving Guinness a call to see if we can get in! (Kidding) Someday when you’re flipping through the pages, looking at world records for the longest eyebrow hair, the most weddings attended by a best man, most coconuts smashed in one minute, or the world’s tallest parsley plant there they’ll be precious as precious can be….

If not the award for world’s longest co-bedders perhaps the world’s sweetest?????

To see our history of co-bedding quads go here.

41 Responses to “Wombmates Remain Cribmates”

1. Kate
    April 2, 2008 at 5:04 pm #

Unbelievably precious, cute, adorable, sweet, etc. etc.!!! How fun that they get to have a snuggle fest every night! Do you think they’ll still want to do this when they’re teenagers? : )

April 2, 2008 at 5:08 pm #

how adorable

April 2, 2008 at 5:13 pm #

how sweet!

4. Tony & Jaimie
    April 2, 2008 at 5:38 pm #

I just want to snuggle right in there with them!

5. Permission to Mother
    April 2, 2008 at 7:33 pm #

Your co-bedding quad photos are precious. You are so smart to keep them together. I mentioned co-sleeping with my boys in my post this morning.

Denise

6. Amy from Occupation: Mommy
    April 2, 2008 at 7:38 pm #

They are just too cute for words.

7. Emily
    April 2, 2008 at 7:50 pm #

I love those pictures, they are some of my favorites so far. Sleeping baby pics are too sweet.

8. Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba)
    April 2, 2008 at 8:01 pm #

That is very, VERY cute!

9. mrsvanoven
    April 2, 2008 at 8:32 pm #

Yes Yes Yes!! So precious! A friend of mine is having twins and she was telling me about all the flack she’s getting for it, and I told her about your boys and how sweet it was!! Too cute!!

10. Following HIM
    April 2, 2008 at 9:26 pm #

SO cute!!!

April 2, 2008 at 9:48 pm #

YOU answered my question!!! Unbelieveable how they still sleep together….so precious and adorable!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Ill bug you another time with another question. hee.

heidi c.

April 2, 2008 at 9:50 pm #

How adorable!! Do they ususally sleep that close together? wowo!

13. Devin
    April 2, 2008 at 9:54 pm #

Boy, it really doesn’t get much cuter than that, does it….

Thanks for sharing that Jen!

Devin in Illinois

14. Williams' bunch
    April 2, 2008 at 10:35 pm #

So sweet…there’s nothing cuter than a baby sleeping…except maybe two of them cuddled up together! 🙂 That is so precious.

15. Williams' bunch
    April 2, 2008 at 10:42 pm #

I just noticed when I looked back at the history, in the one picture they were sucking their thumbs. Do they still? I have one thumb sucker-only when she’s going to bed…and then Seth, who is a few days younger than your boys sucks his middle and ring finger only when he is going to sleep. It is cute to see them get a blanket all cuddled up and suck those fingers…it keeps them little.

April 2, 2008 at 11:13 pm #

So so very cute!!!! Adorable!!!!!!!

Mommy of five

17. Dawn and Dale
    April 3, 2008 at 12:52 am #

I just went through your co-sleeping posts! The pictures and videos are tooo cute!!! Love them!!!

Our boys STILL share beds!!! They don’t HAVE too…(They each have their own beds….) but still totally prefer too!!!!

The 8 and 10 yr old share the queen size spare bed downstairs and our we have one of those bunk beds with the single on top and double on the bottom in the other boys room (5 and 6 yr olds). They both sleep on the bottom together every night!! It’s true!!! They just sleep so much better together like that!!

I know I hate sleeping alone at night!! Why wouldn’t they???!!!

You do it for as long as it works so good for you!!!

Dawn d

18. My2Gs
    April 3, 2008 at 6:58 am #

There is nothing more sweet than the look on a babies face as it’s sleeping. Your boys are precious!!
    ~Lacie

19. Rachael
    April 3, 2008 at 9:37 am #

that is just incredibly sweet that they are still sharing a crib. they looks so peaceful and sweet sleeping next to each other. we started out with all 3 in the same crib and then moved james to his own crib. i just recently had to separate the girls too because they kept kicking each other in the head. i was so sad to see their co-bedding days end.

20. Jessica Saville
    April 3, 2008 at 11:03 am #

This is the cutest thing ever… Cameron loves her sleep sack too!

21. Kelly
    April 3, 2008 at 1:33 pm #

Jen,
    This made my day. SOOOOO CUTE!

22. K
    April 3, 2008 at 2:30 pm #

Hello!
    I have twin girls that are 9 years old and they still sleep together, in a double bed. And often, they end up in a place much similar to your sweet boys. It makes me smile, still. They have never had their “own” bed, although every once in a while, they decide to sleep on the floor in separate sleeping bags…
    Enjoy your boys- it goes by in a blink of the eye!
    Blessings.

23. Suzanne
    April 3, 2008 at 2:35 pm #

oh my gosh…the cutest most sweetest pictures EVER!!! so precious! i LOVE it! i actually WISHED my quads liked to co-bed…they don’t want to be touching at all! (going to make it interesting on the first out-of-town trip)…but that is just the cutest thing ever!

24. Ashhog
    April 3, 2008 at 2:48 pm #

Sleeping babies are just so precious! I, like suzanne, wish my twins were cobedding but they are still sleeping in their bouncers! 🙂 Adorable Pictures!

25. Jenn B.
    April 3, 2008 at 3:24 pm #

So cute and is making me wish for naptime! Love how Baby on the Right has his arm through the crib – he’s just so relaxed and just hanging out. I love watching Jackson sleep, watchimg him twist & turn and get all relaxed.

26. Harris Boys
    April 3, 2008 at 4:15 pm #

OMG Jen, that is so precious and cute that they still sleep together.

April 3, 2008 at 5:03 pm #

That is so neat that they are still co bedding. I have cousins that are twins and they co bedded together until the were to big for the crib (two years). Then they got bunk beds and took them apart and had the beds right next to each other and that’s how they sleep still today at 7 years old with their beds right next to each other. Go for it!!

Becky

April 3, 2008 at 9:07 pm #

So adorable! My two like their own space and only co-bedded their first 2 months. They are very independent. We actually can’t even put their cribs too close together or all they do is play and not sleep. hehe…I have some funny videos of them doing just that while at Grandma’s house last summer. hehehe…

29. Gen McNulty
    April 3, 2008 at 10:34 pm #

I think my heart just skipped a beat… too sweet for words. I wish my kids would have done that. I had to separate them really early on. What a beautiful thing.
    HUGS!
    Miss you guys this week.
    Gen

30. mamatucci
    April 4, 2008 at 1:10 am #

now we all think our kids are the cutest. But that being said i think that last picture may well be the cutest i have ever seen!

31. Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows
    April 4, 2008 at 2:30 am #

I don’t think there are words to describe the sheer sweetness of the boys sleeping together like that!

April 4, 2008 at 9:32 am #

I’d never get anything done if I were you – – I don’t think I could ever take my eyes of off them…….P R E C I O U S is Right!!!! I’m guessing they will grow up to be BEST buddies too!!! I’m curious – are the boys bigger than most quads their age? I just wondered if quads tend to usually be on the small scale compared to a single birth child. 🙂 anyway – – they are just as adoable as ever!!! Have a great weekend – – Love ya – Aunt Dar Dar!

April 4, 2008 at 9:41 am #

Awwwwwwwwwww! How precious is that!!
    What is it like when you put them down for a nap, do they play for a while together? Are they always that close together in bed? This is just so unheard of….and awfully adorable. Melted my heart!

Bill’s wife

34. Lady Why
    April 4, 2008 at 4:14 pm #

Those are the sweetest little fellows I have ever seen! I hope they sleep that way always!! That just says ‘love’, doesn’t it?!

I love your updates and watching those boys grow and play!!

35. Goerlich Quadruplets
    April 5, 2008 at 9:43 am #

Clark and Brooks you are too precious! A testament that brothers really can get along and like it! Maybe you can come down to Texas and give our boys a little talk about this very subject! 😉

April 5, 2008 at 12:30 pm #

Jen: I found your blog through the Steece’s and love catching up with your 4 cutie pies. I have a really weird question, as my sister is expecting twins…do your boys know their own names? It almost sounds remedial, I know, but can you stand at the door and call “Henry” and he will turn around. My sister is worried about that with her twin boys and you are so honest and sharing, I thought I would ask.

thanks,
    stacy in OK

37. Arnold Quads
    April 5, 2008 at 11:03 pm #

These pics are adorable. I wish my quads still slept together. Absolutely love it!

Maureen

38. Julie
    April 6, 2008 at 12:06 am #

They are SO cute!

39. Busy Momma
    April 7, 2008 at 4:22 pm #

that is so sweet. my twins are turning 2 and they just started sleeping together again.

40. debi9kids
    April 7, 2008 at 10:46 pm #

Jen,
    If these aren’t the sweetest pics ever! They just look so cozy and sweet. I can just imagine you standing above them and how can you not smile. It is so sweet that their love is so evident. 🙂

41. Annie
    January 1, 2009 at 3:20 pm #

Too cute. I have boy girl twins and their older brother, adopting from foster care. Every February they are the same age, this year it will be four, but they sleep in a pile whenever possible, I really don’t see how they get any sleeping done, but they look all cozy.