Happy 1st Birthday Henry, Brooks, Clark, and Isaac!
We had an awesome time celebrating LIFE today! We started off the day singing “Happy Birthday” to the boys (individually, of coarse) in their cribs, prayed in their exact time of birth (12:33pm-12:35pm) with our parents, and celebrated with close family this afternoon. I have lots, lots more to share, but here’s what you’ve been waiting for – THE CAKE!!!! For those of you who have known me pre-quads, you’ll know that I’m not really into “mess”, so this was a stretch for me (God’s sense of humor coming through giving me 4 BOYS!), but it was worth every “bite”.
(These pictures were taken Thursday for our 1 year photo shoot….today we opted for CUPCAKES!)
Brooks enjoyed playing with the icing like play dough, more than eating it! He also ended up sitting on his cake!
Clark caught on very quickly and went straight for the middle of the cake! YUM!
Isaac looked like a kid at Disney World. He smiled like this the entire time!
5 Lessons Learned from 4 Babies Devoring Cake:
1. Plan Ahead….4 Individual Cakes should be ordered ahead of time…I found only 3 at Marsh the night before the pictures and then saw a lady pushing a cart around the store with my 4th cake. How dare she! I thought about taking her out and making off with the cake, but I just didn’t have the energy.
2. Be prepared for the biggest mess EVER! I think our bathtub is still a blue tint.
3. Even if it’s snowing outside use a garden hose. This icing must have been dyed Crisco – it didn’t really wash off, it just spread like butter all over their skin.
4. Never let your husband go to work during pictures. You owe me, Brad. =) =)
5. Much to my suprise, babies are capable of sleeping after ingesting sugar. Thank goodness!
A HUGE thank you to Megan for creating these awesome memories and to Kristy for coming to help me manage the chaos. More birthday posts to come and check out last night’s post if you haven’t already…..