The Diaper Diaries

For those of you scared to read any further fearing this is a descriptive post about a diaper blowout, breath easy (literally)! Perhaps another time….(kidding, mom!!!!)

I just wanted to post about our car payment diaper budget. When we first started telling people we were expecting quadruplets, diapers almost always became the next topic of conversation. At the beginning we estimated diapers alone (@ 40 per day) would cost $20.00 a day!!! That’s $600 a month, basically a mortgage payment!!!!! Yikes!

However, thanks to many of you: our family at The Bible Church of Brownsburg, staff at Brown Elementary, Publicis, members of Pittsboro PHI BETA PSI, Reynolds United Methodist, and countless individuals who donated a pack or two – 2007 was a FREE Diaper Year for the Murray Crew!!!!! What a GINORMOUS blessing this has been!

So now that our diaper surplus is “drying” up I’m out to find the the biggest “load” for my money! I’ll be carefully reading Baby Cheapskate’s Top Diaper Deals of the Week and staying on the look out for the best diaper coupons….If only we could find a coupon for Pampers like the one we found for Gerber baby food!

On another diaper note….have you noticed that people are more passionate about their favorite diaper brand than they are about politics? Seriously, people divide friendships over Huggies! So you want my opinion????? (I do consider myself a diaper connoisseur) ….I’m a Pampers Girl if money isn’t an issue, but Luvs for value. However, Pampers Swadlers are worth every penny in the beginning! Store-brands seem to cost more in the long run, because you end up changing more often, because they don’t hold the um, ….elements! We’re bumping up to size 4’s this week!

I’ll look forward to your comments on how much you agree or beg to differ with me….Better yet, where I can find the steal of the week on diapers! =) =) =) =)

56 Responses to “The Diaper Diaries”

1. Madeline
    January 12, 2008 at 10:23 pm #

Lately with coupon stacking CVS has been by far the best deals out there. The 5 off 15 coupon from “full cup” combined with mfg coupons and sales prices. Also, the cvs supremes are great for day time use and are on sale often.

2. tessa
    January 14, 2008 at 4:41 pm #

Love the size 4 Costco brand Kirkland Signature diapers for my twins. They kind of remind me of Huggies but a little better. Quite dislike the Sams and Wal-mart generic. It is an important issue if you ask us moms:)

3. Stacie
    January 15, 2008 at 8:07 am #

If you have a diaper service in your area they are the best bang for the buck. I used cloth for the first year and am now using cloth for the boy and Huggies for the girl. I preferred cloth because I am cheap but her butt prefers paper.

January 15, 2008 at 4:23 pm #

I used Huggies with my youngest when he wore paper diapers b/c he was allergic to everything else. At 5 months old, I finally bought cloth diapers and used them the rest of the time. It was the best deal to me – and trust me, rinsing off the cloth is no different than throwing a paper diaper into a garbage bag (which BTW you’re supposed to drop the solids from a disposable diaper into the toilet before throwing away too…read the small print on the package of diapers. I didn’t believe it either until I saw it.)
    At this point though, it’s not much longer til they might be out of them. Best wishes no matter what!

January 24, 2008 at 4:55 pm #

Hello,

Pampers will send a one time gift for multiples. A couple of years ago it was a large diaper pack and a large wipe pack for each baby (they send coupons.)

Here is a link: http://www.pampers.com/en_US/products.do?page=pdt_tips&tipsType;=multiples

February 2, 2008 at 1:13 am #

HELLO!

I just sent you an email about the CVS sale that EXPIRES 2/3 but that you need to use on 2/2 for the Huggies deal.

These coupons put the diapers on par with the Target babyfood sale (which I loved by the way!!)