4tune Readings…

In response to my 4tunate cookie post I’ve had several requests to share some of my 4tunes…..

DISCLAIMER: Jen Murray does not believe in fortunes, tar rot cards, horoscopes, luck, vibes, numerology, astrology, crystal balls, lucky charms, genies in bottles, karma, palm reading, magic 8 balls, Pat Sajak (Wheel of Fortune), or the like…..This is just for FUN!!! =) =) =) =)

;”>

“Diligence is the mother of good fortune.” (Hmmm…wonder what Diligence is the Father of…it’s always the mother’s responsibility!?)

“Excitement and intrigue follow you closely wherever you go!” (Uh, yeah!)

“Through greater effort and hard work a precious dream comes true.” (32 weeks of a quad pregnancy was a great effort and the boys are now a precious reality)

“Your love of life will carry you through any circumstance.” (I do love my life!)

“Your skills will accomplish what the force of many cannot.” (Funny, what skills?)

However, this would have been a more accurate fortune….

Let’s hear some of your favorites…..

8 Responses to “4tune Readings…”

1. Devin
    January 23, 2008 at 4:52 pm #

The Google fortune is HILARIOUS! In a virtual world, that is probably more accurate than any of the other fortunes!

Love it!

Devin in Illinois

January 23, 2008 at 6:48 pm #

My favorite fortune I ever got in a cookie was one I opened the night before I left for Scotland to study abroad in college. It said “you will touch the soil of many lands”. How appropriate!! :)

Emily Fay

3. Melissa Dovel
    January 23, 2008 at 9:13 pm #

I have a funny one and IT’S TRUE! BC (before children) I worked for a well not a nice man and we went for a lunch meeting and he lost his cool and pitched a fit when his fortune cookie said “you have reached the pinnacle of your career” I never laughed so hard in my entire life. (he had it comming) Maybe you had to know the guy to find it funny (im sure you all know the type)

4. Denise
    January 24, 2008 at 3:18 am #

That’s unfortunate jen that you dont believe in any of that :(

5. Denise
    January 24, 2008 at 12:07 pm #

Than for your comment on my blog, and the prayers, I really appreciate it. :)

6. Emily
    January 24, 2008 at 1:07 pm #

The day before I closed on my first house this October, I got a fortune cookie that said “A new house awaits you this year.” And one time in 2nd grade, I got a fortune cookie that said “You will win a prize” the day before I got 3rd place in the history fair. Haha.

7. Stephanie
    January 24, 2008 at 4:13 pm #

I just got one today at lunch… “You form passionate relationships without compromising your independence.” Hm. I also have one taped to my monitor that says “You are headed for a land of sunshine and relaxation.”

Another fave was “You will throw a party.” So true…

8. Gretchen
    January 26, 2008 at 11:52 pm #

Ever add “in the bathroom” to the end of them. I think you can appreciate this humor. My husband tapes them to his desk when he finds really good ones. Something, I think, your brother might be prone to do.

Here are some of his best:

“Be prepared for extra energy”

“A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can’t”

“you will finally solve a difficult problem that means much to you”.

Keep in mind the ending you are to add.

He had other better ones on his desk at Calvary, but those were left behind. I think my dad has that desk now. Wonder if they’re still there. :)