1/2 A Year Old

(Post updated with the boys pictures below! Check it out!)

Did I scare anyone? This was a picture taken July 21st……..2006!!!!!! The beginning of an incredible pregnancy and now we have 4 healthy, energetic, grinning, chubby, BOYS! How great is our God? I had to blog on this exciting day for us. The past 6 months have been a blur in many ways, but I really am trying to take it in and enjoy these baby days. I cannot tell you all how precious it is to wake up to 4 boys smiling in their cribs and then putting down their sleepy little bodies for the night. What a privilege! And to think about how slim our “chances” were of this outcome brings me to tears of gratefulness.

Here’s a few looks from the pregnancy highlight reel…..Many of these have NEVER been posted, so be kind on those comments – I know, I was HUGE! (Notice the pictures get smaller as I get bigger – HAAAA!) I had to remind people over and over that there were FOUR babies housed inside my belly.

These 2 pictures are from the day we found out we were pregnant. It was such an exciting time. Pictured below are my parents in front of Pizza Hut where we met them to share the surprising news!

A date with my buddy before the craziness of a major surgery and bed rest

Recovering from my TAC (Trans Abdominal Cerclauge) surgery at 14 weeks to help hold those babies inside me as long as possible

Right around 30 weeks. I didn’t look like a dump truck from the front, but below is a picture of me from the side view.

I got to take a field trip out of my hospital room into the single digit temperatures to eat pancakes at the House of Pancakes just days before delivery. I ate 8 of them! They tasted soooooo good. I had to sit sideways in order to fit in the booth! Great memory!

Progress Pictures
Henry at birth, 3, then 6 months

Brooks at birth, 3, then 6 months

Clark at birth, 3, then 6 months

Isaac at birth, 3, then 6 months

16 Responses to “1/2 A Year Old”

1. Jenn Brothers
    August 2, 2007 at 12:59 pm #

Too funny! I opened your page to link through to Suz’s to see an update and saw that pregnancy test and thought “Oh. My.”

2. Amanda
    August 2, 2007 at 2:17 pm #

What a wonderful year it’s been for you guys!!! And it just gets better, believe me!

When I was pregnant with my son (only one baby!!) DH and I went to eat at the Bonefish Grill that used to be in Avon…we got seated at a booth and I barely fit in there. BARELY!! And I wasn’t even full term…that was at the end of March and my sone as born at the end of April so I understand that scenario a little bit. :) Glad you are doing well. We’ve been praying for Suz just like we prayed for you!!

3. amanda8
    August 2, 2007 at 2:26 pm #

Thank you for posting those! I always wondered what you looked like farther along in the pregnancy! Only God can keep 4 active boys in your petite little body! Great is Thy Faithfulness!

4. angie
    August 2, 2007 at 4:06 pm #

Jen,
    You posted some tummy shots. LOVE them. YOu looked incredible! Really and truely. Never guess there were 4 babies in there. I remember asking Brad to post a picture……I was so curious what a belly with 4 babies looked like! The pictures of how far the boys have come are amazing as well. It is obvious they have really been triving. Also love the teaser at the beginning. I think I’m going to have to copy that one. I still have the pregnancy test from the twins and since my MIL checks my blog I think it would be really fun…….especially since I’ve had my tubes tied.

5. Andria
    August 2, 2007 at 5:26 pm #

Yah, you got me too!

Love the highlight reel! Look how much they’ve grown in 6 months! I’m sure it seems like just one long blink of an eye!

Precious babes!

August 2, 2007 at 8:35 pm #

I LOVE it! thank you for sharing all these memories and pictures! I can’t believe it’s been a year already! It seems like just yesterday you called me at work to tell me you’re pregnant. Then i remember it was about a year ago that i told YOU I was pregnant…i was driving thru a wendy’s scarfing down one of my favorite cravings at the time…homestyle chicken sandwich! I love you jen (and brad) we are so thankful for your boys and will continue to pray for them – and their salvation!

JZ

August 2, 2007 at 10:48 pm #

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures. God bless your boys (all of you!) They’re gorgeous and look so healthy!

Mommy of Five in IL

8. hi my name is mommy
    August 3, 2007 at 9:19 am #

I love reading your blog, the pictures are precious! Happy half Birthday little cuties!

9. hi my name is mommy
    August 3, 2007 at 9:19 am #

10. My name is Tammie
    August 4, 2007 at 12:07 am #

Hi there. Since you asked me to reply here I will (but not without saying; OMG your children are beautiful!) the crib was custom built for us. I am so sorry to say that it isnt something that can be replicated.

11. Jenny B
    August 5, 2007 at 5:53 pm #

Your boys are so beautiful! Love those pictures! We’re still hangin in there ourselves. God bless!

12. Amanda
    August 6, 2007 at 10:59 am #

Your boys look like you!! They are so precious and have come so far!! Congratulations!

13. Steph
    August 8, 2007 at 12:04 am #

I am so proud of you! Being a parent to one baby is hard work, but you two are making this quad thing look almost easy! :) God knew the exact parents to give these four lucky boys to. They are beautiful and I can’t wait to meet them in person!

14. Steph
    August 8, 2007 at 12:12 am #

Oh hey Jenn – I just saw what you wrote on Gret’s blog – send me your email addy and I’ll send you an invite to my blog. I’m at sr7492@sbcglobal.net

15. Laura
    August 9, 2007 at 10:25 pm #

Jenn,
    I missed the pictures you posted of “then” and “now”. They were truly remarkable! I cannot believe how far these boys have come. I have to agree you and Brad make this quad thing seem very under control! In all seriousness I know the tremendous amount of work you are doing each day helping these boys grow and thrive. GOOD JOB! You are all doing so great. Happy Six month Birthday. I cannot possibly believe it has been that long!

16. Precious Babes
    June 5, 2008 at 8:31 pm #

Hi,

I just came across your blog and what an amazing page, the pictures are beautiful and you are truly blessed. I hope parenting is going well.

Take Care